Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from my More with Less Cookbook-but it doesn't mean less flavor! This is a light yet filling and delicious soup. My kids enjoy eating it with a straw!
- 3 quarts water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes (or chicken stock)
- 3 cups leeks, chopped (include green tops)
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- Bring chicken stock to boil.
- Add leeks, potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Simmer 30-45 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add seasonings and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Puree in batches in blender.
- Serve hot or cold.
I love this cook book. Both my mom and I have been using it for close to 30 years now. Most recipes are very inexpensive, healthy and good for the environment.
Good winter soup, with plenty of taste. I don't as a rule add the pepper until the end as I find pepper corn can make the soup bitter. That was the only change I made, and it was wonderful! Thank you for sharing this soup recipe with us!
A great healthy warming soup! I left out the carrots and celery for just a potato leek soup and used FF chicken broth instead of water, it tasted wonderful. Thanks for this winner Kaarin.