Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation of the usual recipe, but I have found it to be tastier and wholesome this way! Can be served as a main dish, supplemented by a plate of salad, or can be used as a side-dish. Different bread types can be used according to taste.
- 3 medium frying potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- nutmeg, gratings
- 4 teaspoons frying oil
- Wash potatoes thoroughly,dry,peel and dice small.
- Dice onion and peppers into very small pieces.
- Beat eggs slightly in a pan and set aside.
- Skin tomatoes and cut into very small pieces.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Add onion and peppers, and saute until soft.
- Add potatoes and cook until crisp.
- Add tomatoes and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir salt into frying mixture and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs quickly into frying pan, stir briskly and cook until hardened uniformly. Place over toasted bread slices immediately.
- Grate a few shavings of nutmeg (optional).
Iyi gunler. I'd never had Menemen with potatoes, but this is fantastic. My husband usually serves it for dinner.
I truly enjoyed this. I love potato and eggs as well so this was great for breakfast. I like the crisp taste of the potato. I was even wondering how a few bacon bits might taste in it? But even without I will make this again. Thank you for sharing this simple recipe...glitter