Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious Turkish Breakfast Dish a Cross between an Omelete and scrambled Egg
- olive oil or butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Boil the tomatoes in hot water for 3 minutes then skin.
- Melt the olive oil or butter in a large frying pan (butter is best) and add the tomatoes, thinly sliced green pepper onions and garlic to the frying pan. Cook on a low heat for 8 minutes or until softened.
- Crack the eggs you can leave whole which I prefer or mix into the existing ingredients. If whole make sure it is a very low heat.
- Cook until the eggs are set and add salt and grated black pepper.
- Grate some cheese over the top until melted and server with Turkish bread or crusty bread if you do not have access to it.