1/3 Photos of Mendenhall Sourdough Gingerbread
Last summer I enjoyed an Alaskan cruise, and we had a fabulous time at the Mendenhall Glacier. :) Alaska is also well-known for its sourdough... and brought together here is a delicious combination of sourdough and gingerbread. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cream together the brown sugar and shortening.
- 3Then add molasses and egg, beating continuously; set aside
- 4In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and blend into hot water.
- 5Then beat this mixture into creamed mixture.
- 6As the last step, add the sourdough starter slowly, mixing carefully to maintain a bubbly batter.
- 7Pour into lightly buttered and floured 8"x8" baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until done.
- 8Best served with ice cream or whipped cream while still hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mendenhall Sourdough Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 542.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: