Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From my stepmother.
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat. Cool slightly.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt in small mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs until fluffy and add sugar gradually. Beat well.
- Add cooled chocolate and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, then stir in coconut.
- Spread into greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes for moist, chewy brownies (or another 5 minutes for cake-like ones).