Recipe by Waycooljules
This recipe came from a Publix Super Market recipe book, to my mother to me. It is is SO good!! So good, I felt compelled to share it, which I have never done it on Recipezaar.com before! This meal has definitely become a regular in our dinner rotation. NOTE: I used a 2.5 pork loin and did not change the ingredients and it was still to die for! Even better the next day!! Also, I recommend Sweet Baby Ray's or Mr. Stubbs BBQ sauce. I did not use a "Memphis Style". It's really whatever kind you like! Lastly, I also made Spicy Chipotle Cole Slaw Spicy Chipotle Cole Slaw and put a little on the sandwich as well. Steve just put cheese over it, no coleslaw. Either way -- YUMMMMMMY!
- 1 medium onion
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlememphis style barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) boneless boston pork butt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 bakery rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ends and peel from onion; slice thickly and place in slow cooker with peeled garlic cloves. Stir in broth, bbq sauce, sugar, vinegar and pepper; add pork roast gently. Cover and cook on high 6-8 hours or until pork is fork tender.
- Remove pork from slow cookerl Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl until blended. Stir into sauce mixture in slow cooker; bring to a boil. Boil 4-5 min or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, shred pork using 2 forks. Split hamburger rolls, if needed. Strain sauce into medium bowl (discard onions and garlic). Serve pork on rolls topped with sauce. (Pork makes 6 servings; sauce makes 24 servings.).