Recipe by Sharon123
I was just down in New Orleans and had this in a restaraunt. I loved it and hope you do too!
Top Review by miniggs
Wonderful!! There is only 3 of us, so I bought a small bag of ready coleslaw (undressed) and quartered the dressing ingredients. It was plenty and simply delicious. I will never use bought dressing again!!!.
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons grated red onions
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and onion in large bowl. Toss thoroughly and set aside.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in another bowl. Pour over cabbage mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!