Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use with grilled meats or for making BBQ Red Beans
Make and share this Memphis-Style Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups catsup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup tomato paste
- In 8- to 10-quart pan over medium heat, combine catsup, 2 cups water, molasses, corn syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic powder and liquid smoke.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- To pan, add cayenne, salt, paprika, turmeric, coriander and black pepper.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook sauce, stirring frequently for 30 minutes.
I cut this down to 1/4 to try it. I reduced the simmering time to a total of 1/2 hour. Didn't have cayenne or coriander. Cayenne might have made it spicier anyways. Tried it in a sloppy joe recipe and it wasn't too spicy. Need to try it on chicken too. If it really does taste great on chicken, I will be keeping this for my BBQ sauce.