Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Bring the flavors of a Memphis BBQ pit to your backyard this summer. Great on sandwiches, ribs, chicken or steaks.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 7 minutes; serve warm.
This is a great sauce. It is truly Memphis-style. I live 30 miles from Memphis so i know. Thanks for this wonderful and easy to make recipe.