Prep 6 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Memphis, TN is famous for Elvis Presley, Graceland and fantastic barbecue. This is my version of those famous ribs.
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -5 lbs baby back ribs
- 1 -2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Memphis Barbecue Sauce recipe 99023)
- Wash the ribs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each slab of ribs on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and rub well with rib rub.
- Seal the foil and place in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and place sealed packed in a 275 degree preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
- Baste both sides of ribs with Memphis Barbecue Sauce recipe 99023 and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serve with extra sauce and lots of paper towels.
Paula G, thank you for this great recipe. We made it for our dinner group and boy where we the talk of the neighbor. We also used the Memphis Barbecue sauce that you recommend. The only thing we did different was cook them for about 5 hours and the meat just fell off the bones, I think that is what impressed our dinner guest. Thank you for making our night a big success.
I thought this recipe would be too spicy paired with the sauce #99023 But it was delicious! I halved the rub recipe for one 2.75 lb. slab and it was just enough. Cooked for 3 hours meat side down, membrane removed and they came out juicy and fall off the bone tender. I love back ribs and have cooked them dozens of ways trying to perfect them, and this recipe makes it easy. Try them with the sauce.
Excellent ribs right here! If you haven't tried them, you should!