Memphis, TN is famous for Elvis Presley, Graceland and fantastic barbecue. This is my version of those famous ribs.
- Wash the ribs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each slab of ribs on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and rub well with rib rub.
- Seal the foil and place in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and place sealed packed in a 275 degree preheated oven.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
- Baste both sides of ribs with Memphis Barbecue Sauce recipe 99023 and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serve with extra sauce and lots of paper towels.
Paula G, thank you for this great recipe. We made it for our dinner group and boy where we the talk of the neighbor. We also used the Memphis Barbecue sauce that you recommend. The only thing we did different was cook them for about 5 hours and the meat just fell off the bones, I think that is what impressed our dinner guest. Thank you for making our night a big success.
Excellent ribs right here! If you haven't tried them, you should!
The absolute BEST barbque ribs I have ever had. It was cold & rainy the first time I used this recipe so I cooked them in the oven instead of grilling them as recommended for the last 5-7 minutes. I also used a bottle of Grandma Hoerners Barbque Sauce from Kansas instead of the Memphis style. My husband said I had outdone myself & sometimes he can be brutally honest so that was a big compliment.