Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on grilled chicken.
Make and share this Memphis Rub- recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combineall the ingredients in a jar.
- Twist lid on tightly and shake to mix.
- Can be stored for up to six months.
Very good rub, used it on chicken as suggested. Of the 1/4 cup I used 2 parts paprika and 1 part smoked paprika in the mix. Look forward using it on other meats and might put it on my list of food-gifts.
This was really good. I used part smoked paprika and used all brown sugar and used it on pulled pork. Nice flavor, thanks for the recipe.
I rubbed this on my Thanksgiving turkey after bringing it and let it sit overnight before cooking and man was that good!! I think this was my best turkey to date thanks to this rub. Great flavor, beautiful color, and the gravy YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing and making my Thanksgiving the best yet!