1/3 Photos of Memphis Pork Ribs (Steven Raichlen)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Another variation for pork ribs. This recipe is for 2 racks (5lbs) and includes a dry rub and an optional mopping sauce. Serve it with your favorite BBQ sauce. This recipe works equally well in the oven with the ribs on a roasting rack. Raichlen also says to marinate in the dry rub 4 hours to overnight, but I don't find this necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 lbs pork ribs (2 racks)
- 1Set up your grill for indirect heating at 350 degrees F; place a drip pan in the middle of your coals.
- 2Remove the silver skin from the ribs with your hands.
- 3Combine all the rub ingredients and rub 2/3 of it on both sides of ribs.
- 4Place ribs on the grill and close the cover.
- 5Combine all the ingredients for the mopping sauce.
- 6After 30 minutes of cooking, mop the ribs with the sauce; repeat mopping every 20 minutes thereafter.
- 7Continue to cook the ribs until they are tender and the meat has shrunk a bit from the bones, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Remove ribs from the grill, once they are done, and place on a cutting board; mop ribs one last time and sprinkle with remaining dry rub.
- 9Cut into serving size pieces as desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Memphis Pork Ribs (Steven Raichlen)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.1
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.7 mg
- Sodium 1018.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: