Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sweet, vinegary Memphis style sauce. Recipe from Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison
Make and share this Memphis Magic Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Cook onions in butter until soft and golden.
- Add everything else. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Puree in blender or food processor when cool.
- Serve warmed up.
Very Vinegary! Reduce to 1/3 cup and should be good to go.