Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The secret is in the sauce. This recipe is posted on another web site and I made some minor adjustments for personal taste. Use this sauce for Memphis Style Baby Back Ribs.
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml liquid smoke
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Using a splatter screen, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and whisk in oil until blended.
- Store in a sealed container in refrigerator.
This sauce is a homerun. My kids are tough to please and they thought this was great. Adding this to my favorites
It tastes pretty vinegary. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup of bourbon. Now we're talking.
Very tasty sauce. Not too hot, but tangy. There are a lot of good inexpensive commercial sauces out there but this was different, and I made it myself which is cool. Glad I made it and will again.