Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from a Southern cooking website. I LOVE chicken casseroles and this one is my favorite. I especially love it with the cranberry relish! This is comfort food at its best!
- Spread the chicken cubes in bottom of a 2-quart flat casserole dish.
- Dilute soup with milk and pour over top of chicken.
- Combine celery and onion, cook in broth until tender. (If you do not have broth and have used canned chicken cubes, use 1 cup water, 1/2 stick butter and 1 chicken bouillon cube instead). Make dressing by combining broth, celery, onion, egg, stuffing and parsley flakes.
- Spread the dressing on top of the soup, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until it's bubbling and brown. Serve with heaping spoons of Cranberry relish.