Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from a Southern cooking website. I LOVE chicken casseroles and this one is my favorite. I especially love it with the cranberry relish! This is comfort food at its best!
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59-295.73 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml celery
- 118.29 ml onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 236.59 ml bag Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing (Do Not Substitute)
- 14.79 ml parsley flakes
- cranberry sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the chicken cubes in bottom of a 2-quart flat casserole dish.
- Dilute soup with milk and pour over top of chicken.
- Combine celery and onion, cook in broth until tender. (If you do not have broth and have used canned chicken cubes, use 1 cup water, 1/2 stick butter and 1 chicken bouillon cube instead). Make dressing by combining broth, celery, onion, egg, stuffing and parsley flakes.
- Spread the dressing on top of the soup, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until it's bubbling and brown. Serve with heaping spoons of Cranberry relish.