Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
You will love this!
- 1⁄4 cup green gram
- 1⁄4 cup black gram
- 1⁄2 cup butter beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250 g pasta, boiled
- 1 large onion
- 15 cloves garlic
- 10 -12 French beans
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon refined flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 pinch saffron
- 10 -12 peppercorns
- Chop onion and garlic finely and blanch all the vegetables.
- Cut beans and zucchini into diamonds.
- Puree spinach and cut carrots into strips.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a tbsp.
- of butter and lightly saute the refined flour.
- Gradually add milk and stir continuously so that no lumps remain.
- Crush the peppercorns coarsely.
- Add some nutmeg and half of the cheese, salt and crushed pepper to taste.
- Keep this'mornay sauce' aside till needed.
- Heat a tbsp.
- of butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute till golden brown.
- Add onion and saute again till golden brown.
- Add beans, broccoli, zucchini and salt to taste.
- Saute well.
- Add some'mornay sauce' and milk and mix well.
- Add spinach puree, freshly crushed pepper and some more of the nutmeg and mix well.
- Pour this green vegetable mixture in an oven-proof dish.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp.
- of butter and saute carrots.
- Add boiled pasta, some'mornay sauce' and milk.
- Mix well.
- Add salt to taste and saffron.
- Cook for sometime and add some more freshly crushed pepper.
- Spread a part of the leftover grated cheese on the green vegetable mixture.
- Pour the carrot-pasta mixture over it.
- Again spread a layer of the leftover cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes in a pre-heated oven till the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Serve hot!