Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Memorable, because my husband always remembers to ask for these! Big hit with all the guys here!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 slice bacon, diced
- 14.79 ml minced onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped green peppers
- 14.79 ml chopped onion
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml flour
- Combine first 5 ingredients; form 4 oval patties.
- Brown patties on both sides.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Reserve 2 T drippings in skillet.
- Saute green pepper and onion until tender.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Mix flour and water to a smooth paste.
- Add to tomato mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
What a wonderful recipe! This was scrumptious! :) I served this with corn on the cob, garlic bread and tossed salads. I didn't have any green pepper or celery salt, and I put in a bit of basil. Those were the only things I did different. Thank you for the great Saturday night dinner! I'll be making this again!
This sounded similar to Salisbury Steak, which I've been craving, but DH has gotten a little tired of that recipe over the years, so I thought this would be a nice change. It was really quite easy, and DD (6 yrs old) helped me do everything except the chopping. The only change was to make about 8 small patties instead of 4 large ones. Mainly because her hands are tiny. ;) We served it over mashed potatoes. Delicious! Made and enjoyed in honor of you and your courage, MizzNezz. Fight Like A Girl!