Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my rendition of stuffed burgers. Some would think they are bland but my grand kids loved them...DH too! You can mix these up with anything you like...your preferred taste.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces reduced-fat colby-monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, low carb (I use my own recipe)
- 2 -4 banana peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredents well. You can use more or less of these spices, change them up and use something else. It's all according to your own taste buds. I made these pretty bland for my grandkids. I used a ice cream scoop to measure how much for each patty! Two scoops = one patty.
- Grill, bake, or fry til done to your liking! I put these in my NuWave oven, 5 minutes on each side -- perfect!