Recipe by linguinelisa
This traditional southern dish is from Virginia Willis cookbook, Bon Appetit, Y'all. More of her recipes can be found at www.virginiawillis.com.
Top Review by Debbwl
If you love fresh sweet corn and bacon you will love the way the two are married up in this yummy side. I did reduce the cook time to from 15 minutes to 10 minutes as we like fresh corn just lightly cooked. Thanks for the wonderful post.
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 ears fresh corn
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrape kernels from the corn--should yield about 3 cups.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon fat over medium heat until sizzling. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add butter and stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.