- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 sprig thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat bacon fat over medium-high heat until sizzling.add cabbage and saute until cabbage starts to wilt, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Decrease heat to medium and simmer until cabbage is meltingly tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove sprig of thyme and taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.