Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful pie for fresh blueberries. The recipe came from my Aunt and has been a family favorite for many many years! It is also good with fresh blackberries!!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar (or 24 packets Equal sugar substitute)
- 3 ounces flour (I use self-rising)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide blueberries into pie crust.
- Bake in over for 10 minutes.
- Remove and lower oven to 350°F.
- Mix rest of ingredients and pour over berries.
- Cook till golden brown and slightly firm in middle.
- I can't remember how long it takes to cook--never paid attention--just watched it.
i have never really made a 'home made pie' Before, but after our great missive baked dinner, this dessert surely made then night! I would use just plain flour like the original recipe says though next time. (i am having it again tonight-16/1/03) Thankyou for this great recipe
I don't think 2 cups of blueberries is enough for 2 pies. I use 4 cups for one pie.
I loved this pie! I have already made it twice. The self-rising flour is a must. I baked the pies for 30-35 minutes.