Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is our go to staple of every Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner. We enjoy it so much that now my Russian in-laws request that I make it even though it is a French Canadian dish. We usually make this the day before we stuff the turkey because it has to cool completely.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 -4 small sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 turkey liver, from the bird chopped fine
- 1 turkey giblets, from the bird chopped fine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon allspice
- 1⁄3 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 -2 cup breadcrumbs
- Take the celery and onion and chop it fine. Put it into the pan.
- Take the giblets and liver, chop them fine and put them into the pan.
- Take 4 small sausage links and remove the casings and put them into the pan.
- Put the beef and the pork into the pot and stir everything.
- Shake in allspice, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and basil.
- Cook on low for 4 hours occasionally stirring the pot so that nothing sticks or burns.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT DRAIN THE JUICES/FATS whatever you want to call them!
- Put the bread crumbs inches You want to make sure that you didn't put too much. You need only enough to bind the meats together so that it all sticks.
- Cook for ten minutes. Taste the stuffing to adjust the seasonings.
- Keep on low until the stuffing almost sticks on the bottom. Stuffing is done.
- Cool completely. Stuff the Turkey!