4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is our go to staple of every Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner. We enjoy it so much that now my Russian in-laws request that I make it even though it is a French Canadian dish. We usually make this the day before we stuff the turkey because it has to cool completely.
My Private Note
lbs Stu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 -4 small sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 turkey liver, from the bird chopped fine
- 1 turkey giblets, from the bird chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon allspice
- 1/3 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 -2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Take the celery and onion and chop it fine. Put it into the pan.
- 2Take the giblets and liver, chop them fine and put them into the pan.
- 3Take 4 small sausage links and remove the casings and put them into the pan.
- 4Put the beef and the pork into the pot and stir everything.
- 5Shake in allspice, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and basil.
- 6Cook on low for 4 hours occasionally stirring the pot so that nothing sticks or burns.
- 7Whatever you do, DO NOT DRAIN THE JUICES/FATS whatever you want to call them!
- 8Put the bread crumbs inches You want to make sure that you didn't put too much. You need only enough to bind the meats together so that it all sticks.
- 9Cook for ten minutes. Taste the stuffing to adjust the seasonings.
- 10Keep on low until the stuffing almost sticks on the bottom. Stuffing is done.
- 11Cool completely. Stuff the Turkey!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Memere Bibeault's Meat Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.9 mg
- Sodium 303.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g