Recipe by Smirk
From my wonderful mother-in-law. Very tasty.
Top Review by ladyfingers
While this meatloaf is tasty, mine fell apart even after a 15 minute rest period. I also did not add the suggested 3/4 cup water to the initial raw mix--it just seemed like that would have made it too soupy to work with. That said, we enjoyed eating bits and pieces. Maybe this recipe just needs Memaw's touch. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 2 -3 lbs lean ground beef or 2 -3 lbs ground turkey or 2 -3 lbs ground chicken
- 1 knorr's beef bouillon cubes or 1 knorr's vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup water, very warm
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef and onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium vidalia onions or 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- open cooking bag and spray inside evenly with cooking spray. Place bag inside large baking dish and set aside. (These bags can be found in the foil isle).
- dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water and set aside.
- slice onion thinly and set aside.
- place ground beef in large mixing bowl and break apart to loosen meat.
- break eggs into small mixing bowl and beat with fork until smooth.
- pour eggs on top of ground beef.
- add all of the other ingredients EXCEPT THE WATER WITH THE DISSOLVED BOUILLON CUBE.
- mix thoroughly with your hands ensuring that all ingredients are worked through the meat evenly.
- tip: You can wear latex gloves to mix your meatloaf. It helps mix all the ingredients evenly and solves the problem for those who do not like to handle raw meat.
- shape meat into a nice log shape.
- place sliced onion on top of meatloaf.
- gently slide meatloaf into the prepared cooking bag.
- pour dissolved bouillon cube mixture into the cooking bag.
- close bag with bag fastener.
- cut two small air holes on top of the bag.
- bake for approximately 1 hour.
- check meat temperature with a baking thermometer to ensure that your meatloaf is completely cooked in teh middle. Meatloaf should be golden brown on the outside.
- Let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serve with your favorite side dishes.