Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray loaf pan with Pam.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and brown sugar; beat well.
- Add egg, egg whites, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add mashed banana; beat on high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream ending with flour mixture.
- Add walnuts to batter; mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool bread in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
- This bread is best if wrapped in plastic wrap, left on the counter overnight to allow flavors to develop, and then served the next day.
I have made this banana bread on several occasions and it always comes out moist and very tasty!!
This will be one of my favorites for banana bread. I loved the brown sugar in it. I didn't have heavy cream, so I used buttermilk. It worked fine. Can't beleive it could have been better. Judy Fearis, KY