1/2 Photos of Memaw Peacock's Old-Fashioned Chicken Spaghetti
1 hr 30 mins
OK, so I know there are already a bajillion tetrazzini or chickenetti, (or whatever your family calls it) recipes, and I enjoy them as well, but this is a bit different with the tomato soup etc. and I really think this is my favorite, and it has a cool name. This is from Paula Deen's Quick and Easy Meals. I will share the recipe as printed in the magazine, but I often skip steps 1-5 and just used precooked or leftover chicken.
My Private Note
9 by 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 onions
- 1 (5 lb) chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper (divided)
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cut celery and carrots into 1 inches pieces, quarter one onion.
- 2Place chicken, celery, carrots, quartered onion, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and one teaspoon pepper in a large Dutch oven.
- 3Add water to cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4Remove chicken from broth and let cool.
- 5Discard skin and bones, dice chicken and set aside.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- 8Bring water for spaghetti to boil, and add spaghetti, cook for 10 minutes.
- 9While spaghetti cooks dice remaining onion and bell pepper and drain pimentos.
- 10Drain spaghetti and set aside.
- 11In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat, add onion, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, bell pepper, pimentos, and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 12Cube Velveeta and add to skillet along with the soups and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 13Add chicken and spaghetti to sauce.
- 14Chop 2 tablespoons of the parsley and add to skillet, stir everything to combine and transfer to greased baking dish.
- 15Sprinkle evenly with Cheddar and bake until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 16Garnish with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Memaw Peacock's Old-Fashioned Chicken Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1536.5
- Calories from Fat 799
- Total Fat 88.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 373.4 mg
- Sodium 2919.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 97.7 g