Growing up Black Friday always meant Thanksgiving Soup. After the family was done with dinner on Thanksgiving my mom always tossed the carcass and whatever else was left over into a large stock pot. When I moved out this is one of the recipes that I requested, but I had to wait till Thanksgiving and write down everything she did because she refused. I have since played with the ingredients and worked it so that I can make it year round and have it taste the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 turkey legs (6 lb bone in turkey breast or left over carcass)
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope turkey gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broad egg noodles
- 3 cups prepared stuffing (divided)
- 1Place turkey in a large stock pot, or crock pot, add water, stock, celery seeds, onion flakes, sage, and thyme.
- 2Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 6 - 8 hours, or set crock pot on high for 6 hours.
- 3Remove the turkey from the liquid then separate turkey meat in small bite size chunks from all bones, cartilage, excess skin, gristle from the turkey and discard. Be very careful when doing this as there are a lot of small bones.
- 4Place turkey meat back into liquid, add turkey gravy and mix.
- 5Add egg noodles and cook for recommended time on package.
- 6Add 2 cups of stuffing and stir.
- 7Toss remaining stuffing on as garnish to a full bowl.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mema's Thanksgiving Leftovers Soup (Turkey Noodle Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 699.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 53.1 g