Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A family favorite! The casserole everyone grew up on! Comfort food! The secret to this dish is to layer noodles, sauce and cheese. The other is to not add water, because sauce should be thick.
Top Review by Laura O.
This stuff rocks because it has FLAVOR and lots of cheese. Craveable comfort food that I will be making again for sure. I used less meat, more spaghetti sauce, and added a little bit of water, and the end result sauce was still nice and thick and meaty. I can't believe how good this is!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven brown ground beef and drain. Sautee onion. Add jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir in garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Simmer covered on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Boil elbow macaroni noodles in salted water until done. Drain noodles.
- In a 9 x 9 casserole dish layer noodles, sauce and cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until hot throughout and cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!