Recipe by loriyeargan
My grandmother's fudge recipe...just about the only one I'll eat. Keep it stored in an airtight container, it tends to dry out pretty easy. Please note the cook time includes the chill time.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Great recipe!!!! I was looking for a recipe for fudge that could be made out of pantry items. This is the perfect recipe. I admit that I am a stirrer and I really had to stuggle with not stirring, but I made it. Whew, it was tough. Anyway, I went exactly by the recipe except, I used walnuts instead of pecans. I will definately put this recipe in the keeper file.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until reaches softball stage (238 degrees).
- Do not stir unless it threatens to burn!
- Remove from stove and add butter and vanilla.
- Beat with a mixer for 5 to 6 minutes, then add peanut butter and pecans.
- Spread into a lightly butter 9x13 pan.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into 1" squares.