- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄3 cup white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Earth Balance whipped spread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in a saucepan. Gradually add water, stirring with a whisk, making a smooth paste and then thinning with the remaining water.
- Place on heat and stir onstantly until it thickens and bubbles. Let it bubble for about 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Whip in the Earth Balance and mustard.
- The sauce may get thick if it sits for a while. If so, heat it up and whip in a small amount of water.