Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another RecipeZaar member posted this recipe after seeing it made on TV. I'm posting it a second time to clarify the measurements. My husband and I love the Melting Pot and we think this cheese fondue tastes just like theirs!
- 4 ounces beer
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 shakes mustard powder
- 8 ounces cheese (cheddar, colby, monterrey jack all work well)
- pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- In a double boiler, pour in beer.
- Add garlic and mustard powder. Stir.
- Add cheese, a little bit at a time. Mix, let melt, then add more. Continue until all cheese has been added.
- Add pepper and wostershire sauce. Fold.
- Dip different varieties of bread (white, rye, pumpernickel), cauliflower, carrots, apples, broccoli into cheese fondue and ENJOY!
This recipe was just what I was looking for! I used sharp cheddar with cream cheese. It would have been improved with a milder cheese partnered with the cream cheese. Other than that, I followed this recipe and it turned out just fine. We dipped garlic bread and zucchini sticks for a complete meal. Thank you for posting!
This was my first experience making fondue, and it was a big hit with my family. I used chicken broth instead of beer, skipped the double boiler, and used closer to 10 oz. of cheese. We dipped focaccia bread, homemade crackers, turkey ham, apples, and carrots. Thank you for a simple, delicious recipe.
My kids loved this! We substituted the beer with chicken broth and it turned our really well. Thanks for the recipe!