Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is posted by request. It is a MR Food recipe that I have not had the opportunity to try yet, but it sounds delish!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup honey dijon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cut steak lengthwise in half then crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the beef broth to boil.
- Stir in the couscous, cover, and remove from the heat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add half the beef at a time and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir fry the pepper and onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet; stir in the barbeque sauce.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Arrange the beef mixture over the couscous, sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Michelle this was really good, steak onions and bbq sauce, what more could you ask for....then to have the coucous too...Loved it! TY