Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this for my mom and brother as a supper and we had a green salad and some fruit on the side. I also make a good smoothie.
- 1 small tomatoes
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 2 pieces cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Snip the raw bacon into small pieces with sciccors into a fry pan and cook on stovetop until crisp, drain on paper towels.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces with a knife and set aside in a small bowl.
- Grate the cheese or use the cheese in the package already grated.
- Pile the chips on a microwave safe plate.
- Sprinkle all the cheese over chips.
- Drizzle the salsa all over the top of the cheese covered chips.
- Microwave on high power for one minute, then give the plate a turn in the microwave and again put on full power and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, until all the cheese is melted.
- Using hot pads or oven mitts remove the plate from microwave.
- Sprinkle on the bacon and tomato over the top.
- Top with the sour cream, and eat.
YUM! And so easy! Used preshredded cheese, and salsa on the side (like the cold salsa on the hot chips!). Made for PAC Fall 2008.
Totally delicious and eaten for lunch today! I swapped the bacon for the jalapeno peppers, everything else was as stated. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and they worked a treat! I used grated cheddar cheese and creme fraiche, as I cannot get sour cream in France - it is very similar though. Made for PAC Autumn 2007 - thanks! FT:-)