Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the Australian Masterchef site but I have omitted the Raspberry jam as my DH does not like jam in his melting moments and traditionally it was never in the originals. Times at this moment are estimated as I have not had the time to make as is serving size but think 6 biscuits/cookies would be right. Have since made these and got 6 biscuits/cookies (12 halves and joined together to make 6). The DH found these to be very sweet and has suggested it may be better to make them smaller (20 gram instead of 40) therefore getting 12 melting moments but cooking time would need to be adjusted and I think 8 to 10 minutes would do it - will give a try in a couple of weeks and report back.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- For biscuits, cream butter and for two minutes in an electric mixer with paddle attachment and then add icing sugar and custard powder and mix until combines.
- Sift the baking powder and flour together and then add to the dough and mix well.
- Roll dough into 40 grams balls, place on the baking paper lined trays and press each ball with a fork to leave an indent.
- Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand trays for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For buttercream - whisk butter and vanilla until smooth and the add icing sugar and beat until mixture forms a paste, the consistency is thick icing.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small star (I just spread the mix on with a knife and consequently had some left over even though I put a fairly thick layer on).
- To assemble, pipe buttercream in a circle onto the base of one half and then gently press the other half of onto the cream to make a full biscuit and to form a melting moment.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
A easy recipe to do ! I do have One of my tip's I do is to use a spoon or your finger and push in the middle of the ball to make an indention to place the icing in. Truely melt in your mouth. I iced with a simple powdered sugar icing flavored with vanilla and almond. I love these cookies and your icing is good too. they seem so light. I Will definately be make again. Thank you!...Thank you!...Thank you!... I made for PRMR 2013..... Thank you!!! Happy Cooking to you ! Grpa P.S I like jam !! HaHaHa !!<br/>NO playing with my food this time! Got to go do the happy food dance!! NOW !!