- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups finely flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together cornstarch, sugar and flour.
- Blend vanilla and butter into dry ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
- If dough is too soft to work with refrigerate until a better consistency, 10-20 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1/2" balls.
- Roll balls in coconut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.