Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
tiny coconut covered cookies, melt in your mouth
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups finely flaked coconut
- Sift together cornstarch, sugar and flour.
- Blend vanilla and butter into dry ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
- If dough is too soft to work with refrigerate until a better consistency, 10-20 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1/2" balls.
- Roll balls in coconut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1" apart.
- Bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
These cookies are fantastic. My mom made them and I just couldn't get enough. Very tasty and do make you want to melt. Thank you so much for the recipe!!!!
First attempt i couldn't make the dough work, would not bind together, 2nd attempt same issue, increased butter to 1.5 cups. Mixing took quite a while (30 minutes) until dry ingredients binded from crumble, glad i didn't give up on mixing, 2 failed attempts would have really upset !! The cookies are more similar to a sugar cookie, didn't melt in your mouth even though butter was increased. Overall quite good, not as awesome as I had hoped they would be.
These were super. They will be on all of my Christmas trays. I think I will try to tint the coconut red and green. Thanks.