Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These crisp, crunchy biscuits melt in the mouth - hence their name.
Make and share this Melting Moments recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy, and then beat in the egg yolk.
- Add the vanilla and stir in the flour to make smooth dough and divide into 24 portions.
- Form each piece into a ball and roll in crushed cornflakes.
- Press half a glacé cherry in the centre of each biscuit (if using).
- Place the balls on the baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for a few moments before lifting on to a wire rack.
Absolutly lovely, easy to make and scrummy. Taste a little bit like crunchy rusks.
These were delicious crisp little cookies that do indeed melt in your mouth! I made them using oats in place of the corn flakes, and they were very much enjoyed wth a cuppa. Made for Tea Party 2010. Thank you Mille.
Cookie turns out great except when mixed, dough too soft to handle, I have to increase flour to 200 before I can actually coat dough with cornflakes.