1/3 Photos of Melting Moments
These crisp, crunchy biscuits melt in the mouth - hence their name.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
- 2Grease two baking sheets.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy, and then beat in the egg yolk.
- 4Add the vanilla and stir in the flour to make smooth dough and divide into 24 portions.
- 5Form each piece into a ball and roll in crushed cornflakes.
- 6Press half a glacé cherry in the centre of each biscuit (if using).
- 7Place the balls on the baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 8Cool on the baking sheets for a few moments before lifting on to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melting Moments
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 156.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g