Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are one of my Mummys favourites. Perfect served with tea on a sunny afternoon or just whenever you can't resist
- beat butter, essence and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- stir in sifted flours.
- spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted tube.
- pipe 3cm rosettes about 3cm apart onto lightly greased over trays.
- bake in a moderate oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- cool on trays.
- join cold biscuits with filling.
- beat butter, essence and sifted icing sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- beat in enough milk to make mixture spreadable.
- can be made 2 days ahead, store in an airtight container, do not microwave, can freeze unfilled biscuits.