Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are another family favorite cookie. We usually make a batch of frosting with red and a batch with green.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sifted cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop red food coloring or 1 drop green food coloring
- Cream butter, add cornstarch powdered sugar and flour.
- Mix well.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, cool.
- Frost with your favorite frosting recipe.
- We usually do half a batch or pink, and half a batch of light green.
I have made these before and they are great and easy to make. One tip I have is to use a spoon or your finger and push in the middle of the ball to make an indention to place the icing in.
This recipe is very good. The cookies literally do melt in your mouth!
Lovely cookies. They turned out so light, they really do melt in your mouth! I piped some of them into swirls - took a little longer, but looked lovely. Think I might use a cookie cutter next time instead of rolling them. Really yummy!