Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These cookies will bring you to your knees with one bite. Adapted from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Christmas Cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup bleached all purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon bleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (lightly spooned into cup)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together in a medium bowl flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a food processor fitte with the metal blade, process the powdered sugar until very fine.
- Cut the butter into a few pieces and add it in the food processor with the motor running.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pulse in the vanilla extract.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and pulse in just until incorporated.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Form dough into"ropes" 1/2 inch in diameter and 2 1/2 inch long.
- Curve dough into crescent shape.
- Place dough on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper (or buttered cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just beginning to brown around the bottom edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheets for a few minutes.
- Transfer cookies to powdered sugar and roll gently.
- Careful: these cookies are delcate!
These cookies are very good, But, They wanted to spread out to much, The cresent shape really were flat after baking, I made the next ones into balls these baked better.I checked the recipe, I made it just like the recipe stated. Maybe someone knows why they flatened out,I chilled them over 2 hours & returned to refrig. between baking. I will try these again as they are very good.