Recipe by AngelicFantasia
These cookies will bring you to your knees with one bite. Adapted from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Christmas Cookies.
Top Review by Barb G.
These cookies are very good, But, They wanted to spread out to much, The cresent shape really were flat after baking, I made the next ones into balls these baked better.I checked the recipe, I made it just like the recipe stated. Maybe someone knows why they flatened out,I chilled them over 2 hours & returned to refrig. between baking. I will try these again as they are very good.
- 3⁄4 cup bleached all purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon bleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (lightly spooned into cup)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together in a medium bowl flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a food processor fitte with the metal blade, process the powdered sugar until very fine.
- Cut the butter into a few pieces and add it in the food processor with the motor running.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pulse in the vanilla extract.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and pulse in just until incorporated.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Form dough into"ropes" 1/2 inch in diameter and 2 1/2 inch long.
- Curve dough into crescent shape.
- Place dough on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper (or buttered cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just beginning to brown around the bottom edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheets for a few minutes.
- Transfer cookies to powdered sugar and roll gently.
- Careful: these cookies are delcate!