Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spinach never tasted like this ever before !!!! A must try !!!
Make and share this Melting in the Mouth Spinach & Potato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups spinach (blanched and pureed)
- 4 big potatoes (boiled/microwaved, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons onion paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola oil)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add fennel seeds.
- Let them crackle.
- Add onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger paste and sauté till it turns pinkish brown.
- Add salt, turmeric and black pepper powder.
- Sauté for 3-4 seconds and add tomato puree.
- Wait till gravy is well cooked and raw smell is gone.
- Add cubed potatoes and stir well for 4 minutes.
- Add pureed spinach now and lower the heat.
- Let it cook fir 15 minutes on heat or microwave for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Indian breads and add a dash of fresh cream while serving.
- Serve hot.