Mini Ravindran's Note:
Spinach never tasted like this ever before !!!! A must try !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups spinach (blanched and pureed)
- 4 big potatoes (boiled/microwaved, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons onion paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola oil)
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- 2Add fennel seeds.
- 3Let them crackle.
- 4Add onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger paste and sauté till it turns pinkish brown.
- 5Add salt, turmeric and black pepper powder.
- 6Sauté for 3-4 seconds and add tomato puree.
- 7Wait till gravy is well cooked and raw smell is gone.
- 8Add cubed potatoes and stir well for 4 minutes.
- 9Add pureed spinach now and lower the heat.
- 10Let it cook fir 15 minutes on heat or microwave for 10 minutes.
- 11Serve with Indian breads and add a dash of fresh cream while serving.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melting in the Mouth Spinach & Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: