Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spinach never tasted like this ever before !!!! A must try !!!
Make and share this Melting in the Mouth Spinach & Potato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups spinach (blanched and pureed)
- 4 big potatoes (boiled/microwaved, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons onion paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola oil)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add fennel seeds.
- Let them crackle.
- Add onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger paste and sauté till it turns pinkish brown.
- Add salt, turmeric and black pepper powder.
- Sauté for 3-4 seconds and add tomato puree.
- Wait till gravy is well cooked and raw smell is gone.
- Add cubed potatoes and stir well for 4 minutes.
- Add pureed spinach now and lower the heat.
- Let it cook fir 15 minutes on heat or microwave for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Indian breads and add a dash of fresh cream while serving.
- Serve hot.
This is truly lovely and easy to make. You just have to be careful not to overcook the potatoes, otherwise they turn into mush when you are stirring it all together. I used the hot chillies, which gave it a nice kick.
This has all the good things in it! I didn't use purees or pastes, but fresh, chopped spinach, tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger. Very colorful, looked great and tasted good. Took only 15-20 min to make, with some cutting help.
I made this for my mom (she's a vegitarian) and really picky..she loved it. It was very simple.