Recipe by IngridH
Another recipe from Guam. You can use just about any fish you like for this recipe, just remember that cooking time will vary with the density of the fish and the thickness of the pieces.
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 lemons
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- tomatoes (optional)
- 2 -3 lbs whole fish, gutted and scaled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mayo, ginger, onions, garlic, black pepper, salt, and juice of 1 lemon into a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the last lemon into slices and set aside.
- Place the fish onto of a sheet of foil large enough so you can wrap it completely.
- Stuff the fish with at least 3/4 of the mix and cover the outside of the fish with the rest. Place the lemon slices on top and around the fish. Wrap the fish in foil so that the juices will not leak out. Place in a hot oven or barbecue grill until fish is thoroughly cooked. Unwrap and enjoy.