Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This cut-out cookie is well tried and tested. Can be used as a plain cookie or cover in chocolate, or as I do; sandwich them together with cream and fruit for dessert. They are light and fluffy and melt in the mouth. Always a winner in my house.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 155 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- Sift flour, cornflour, and salt into a bowl.
- Beat butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth and makes a soft dough.
- Roll out and cut out to desired shape and size.
- Place onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place in a pre-heated 150 degrees Celsius oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- The cookies should stay a pale colour.
- Do not overcook.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar or dip into chocolate. Or, top one with whipped cream; put cut fruit around the edge; a little syrup on top; top with another cookie.
- They make great strawberry shortcakes.