This is DELICIOUS! A fantastic chocoholic recipe courtesy of Delia Smith. Fab for dinner parties or just because you feel like it. Also freezable if you want to make a larger batch. I find this comparable to gü chocolate souffles, which are definitely the most delightful choccie treat ever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 / 200°F/400°F (if cooking straight away).
- 2Melt the chocolate, butter and brandy over simmering water in a heatproof bowl, stirring well.
- 3While the chocolate is melting, whisk the sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until the mixture doubles in volume and ribbons (use the mixture to make a figure of eight and if the beginning of the 8 has vanished back into the mixture by the time you're at the end of the 8 then keep mixing!).
- 4Pour the melted chocolate around the edges of your sugar and egg mixture and sift the flour over the top. Fold together carefully with a metal spoon. BE PATIENT and BE CAREFUL - it may take time but it's important you do it right.
- 5Put the mixture in well greased ramekins and either --
- 6-- Cook straight away in the oven for 12 minutes.
- 7-- Refrigerate and cook later from chilled for 14 minutes.
- 8-- Freeze and cook when ready from frozen for 15 minutes.
- 9Leave to stand for a couple of minutes. The puddings should be firm to touch but will be fantastic and gooey on the inside! Mmmmmmmm!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melting Chocolate Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.0
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 253.4 mg
- Sodium 187.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g