Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicous little bites of butter cookie with yummy icing you can doctor up to suit your taste. I like almond and peppermint. I usually put the frosting into a piping bag and make swirls on the top.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and cornstarch slowly.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bottoms are light brown.
- For icing, melt butter and mix in flavoring (i.e. almond, peppermint.) If its too stiff, mix in a little milk at a time.
Beautiful, simple and delicious cookies. I was pleasantly surprised by how nicely they baked up, but I was not able to shape my dough so I just measured out a nice tbsp. of dough for each cookie. I made the glaze a bit runny and it hardened up nicely while being soft inside. I wasn't adventurous and used vanilla for the frosting. The sweetness of the frosting compliments the cookie perfectly which doesn't seem to be too sweet itself and they truly do just melt away with each bite. Lovely recipe. Thanks for sharing.