Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Buttery shortbread cookies rolled in crunchy rolled oats that melt in your mouth. Addictive and delicious!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt; stir into the butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 20 to 24 small balls, about 1/2 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in the oats and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight tin.
These were very good. They went well with coffee. I only added 1 teaspoon of salt as 1 1/2 seemed like alot. I was glad I did and think I would add even a little less next time. These are a yummy cookie that will "melt" in your mouth. We very much enjoyed these and I am sure they will be on my Christmas cookie trays. Made for PAC Fall 2008.