kyle martin's Note:
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- unsweetened cocoa
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons belgian dark beer or 3 tablespoons full-bodied beer
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Butter 6 (6 oz) custard cups.
- 3Lightly sprinkle unsweetened cocoa over interiors; shake out excess.
- 4Set cups on baking sheet.
- 5In microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter.
- 6Microwave on medium 1-3 minutes or until almost melted.
- 7Stir until smooth.
- 8With whisk, beat eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar and beer in large bowl until well blended.
- 9Stir in chocolate mixture.
- 10Stir in flour until thoroughly blended.
- 11Divide mixture evenly into custard cups (filled cups can be held in refrigerator for up to 2 hours before baking).
- 12In another large bowl, beat all cream ingredients at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 13When ready to serve, bake cakes on baking sheet 12-13 minutes or until tops are dry and outside edges just begin to pull away from edge of cups (centers may be slightly sunken but will rise as they sit).
- 14Place on wire rack; cover loosely with foil.
- 15Let stand 4 minutes.
- 16With hot pad or towel, hold each cup and run knife around edges to loosen cakes; unmold hot cakes onto serving plates.
- 17Serve immediately; pass whipped cream separately.
- 18Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melting Belgian Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.8
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 301.9 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g