Melted Swiss and Mushroom Bruschetta
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion, thyme and pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned and moisture has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, stir in cheese and olives.
- Season to taste with salt, if desired.
- Slice bread in 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush Extra Virgin olive oil on both sides. Toast both sides in a 400 degree oven until crisp but only lightly browned.
- Rub slices with the cut sides of a split garlic clove.
- Spoon mushroom mixture on top and serve open-faced.