Recipe by Kim in Walnut Creek
A different side dish and an especially beautiful "base" for stacking grilled fish.
- 4 leeks, split 3/4 of the way, washed well
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place leeks, onion, carrot, celery and water to cover in a large pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well and thinly slice.
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add leaks, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.