Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Can't get any easier than this. From BH&G February 2005. Yum! Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place ice cream in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until melted.
- Transfer to an extra large mixing bowl; cover and chill about 1 hour or until cold.
- Add whipping cream to melted ice cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 5-6 minutes or until soft peaks begin to form.
- Sift cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until combined, scraping sides of bowl twice.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Cover and chill for 1-6 hours until ready to serve.
I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work for me. It turned out the consistency of a pudding not a mousse, and the taste is quite bitter from all the cocoa powder. I wouldn't make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2007.