Recipe by coconutcream
I found this one another website and have not made it yet, but I'm curious to see how it'll turn out!
Top Review by lavendertigerlily
I found this version of this recipe when I was looking for a recipe similar to this I had received in an email. This recipe is quite similar, but it does not give enough guidance. It doesn't tell how to tell when the cake is ready. Since you don't control for how much fat or how cold the ice cream is the time given and no particular instructions cause problems finishing the product.
- 1 pint premium ice cream, melted down to two cups (such as Ben & Jerry's or Haagan Daz. Make sure it's not full of things like brownies or caramel)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix, preferably one with pudding in the mix
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Melt the ice cream to two cups and combine with the cake mix and eggs. Add a touch of milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Bake about 37 minutes.
- Suggestions: Haagan Daz's Mayan Chocolate ice cream with devil's food cake mix, with hot fudge sauce and drizzled over the top. Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia with chocolate cake; rum raisin ice cream with spice cake; strawberry with strawberry cake, etc.
- Caramel doesn't work very well, and avoid mixes such as angel food cake.