Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is so delicious. I am not sure where this recipe came from but being the cheesecake lover I am, it is a keeper.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inch)
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Heat gelatin; stir until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually beat in cream, vanilla and gelatin mixture until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a heavy duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag.
- Pipe a circle of chocolate in center of cheesecake.
- Pipe evenly spaced thin circles about 1/2 inches apart over filling.
- Beginning with the center circle, pull a toothpick through circles toward the outer edge.
- Wipe toothpick clean.
- Repeat the pattern until the cake is lined with melted chocolate on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting.
- You can create a web look on top of cake.